Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sun Village – the Birth of Xtapa






Sun Village – the Birth of Xtapa

The sun shone brightly on the pretty little village in the Ceyenda Peaks. The mountains rose magnificently around the village, cradling the village gently. The stream flowed high up the banks and a being could see the fish swimming up to spawn. The forest was lush and full of animals and the birds were singing in the trees.
The elves of the Sun Village were out in their bright and fun summer clothes. Gardens needed tending, a new cabin was being built and the hunters were gathering in the center of the village.  The hunters stood under a red canopy discussing where they would hunt on this beautiful day.
Sachem and Star waved at their friends as they walked past the hunters toward the forest edge. Sachem insisted on harvesting some herbs and roots for medicines. The cool dirt on the path felt good on Sachem’s swollen feet. Sachem felt relieved that she would deliver soon. This was the last soul her body would bring into this wondrous world. She was very grateful. Many of her friends had only one maybe two offspring. Sachem was blessed with four cubs, two extremely handsome, healthy males, and soon to be two beautiful, healthy wondrous females.
*Star, we need to go to those trees. That is where I saw the purple flowers. The blue cylids grow next to them. The root from those flowers are very good for the older elves. It helps to stimulate the cerebral. I want to fill this basket with them today so I can dry them. I received a message from the Circle Village. You must go there and sit on the council in my place. They are deciding on some laws there and I trust your judgment and intuition.” Sachem instructed as they approached the flowers Sachem pointed out.
“I would like that very much Mother. I want to take back some of the herbs and medicines I collected for Rain. My pack is going to be very full on my trip home.” Star smiled at her mother. “How long will you be here after the girl cub is born? Have you heard her name?”
“I don’t know how long I will be here. I like it here and it is a nice change from the desert. I know I am needed there especially for Raven’s sake but I feel at peace here for the first time since, well since your father died. It has been very healing for me to be here.” Sachem replied looking around and taking a deep breath, she missed Raven and all his positivity. “I have heard her name, it is Xtapa. She is strong. She is different than you Star which is wonderful and comforting.” Sachem told Star with much warmth in her voice. “I am thinking about helping more of our kind find their Links. Xaxis helps many who come to her. I think I want to go to the tribes. Yarrow is interested in mixing more Dryads with the elves. I think this is a good idea. We have done this in the past with great success. Airel and her sister Jem are elf and dryad. Look how beautiful and gifted Gem is? She has started a school in Fayum on the beach to teach the beings there how to use their gifts.”
Star listened to her mother. Star met Jem several times during visits to Fayum. She liked Jem. Star was concerned for the little one her mother was carrying and Raven her youngest brother. Rain was helping Raven at this time with his adolescence. “What will you do with this cub mother after she is born?”
“I will take her with me until she is old enough to be educated. It will be nice to be out and about with a little one. Perhaps it will make our bond stronger. I am only thinking about what my next step is Star. It has been very nice to just be for a while. When your father died I did not want to stop doing anything. I was worn out. Now I feel refreshed and ready.” Sachem explained to Star.
“What about Cheqtle? He is her father, have you asked him if he wants to help with the raising of Xtapa?” Star asked helping her mother sit down next to cylids.
“He wants her to stay the village until she has three turns. I don’t know if I want to stay here until she is three turns. Right now it seems a long time.” Sachem replied pushing her digging stick into the ground.
Star looked over at her mother; Sachem was good at carrying and birthing her cubs. Sachem was devoted to Star and Rain until their father Raven died. When Sachem delivered Raven, Sachem stayed long enough in the Circle village to wean Raven. She went to visit and learn from the Dryads for several seasons. Star, Rain and Season helped to raise Raven.
Star was sure she did not want to help raise another cub. Star wanted more knowledge of practical healing and application. Staying in the Circle Village to raise her siblings was not part of Star’s plans. Star frowned and turned away from her mother to look at the village. Her friend and mentor Iso lived here, Star came here often to trade and learn from Iso. Star also wanted to back to Fayum. She wanted to join Jem and help with the beach community. Star wanted experiences not parenthood at this time.
“Star, I am going to climb the fruit tree, do you want some fruit?” Sachem asked. Sachem had rose and walked over to the tree. She was looking up at the delicious fruit hanging from the tree limbs.
“I don’t think you should climb the tree in your condition. Let me.” Star said standing up.
“Star, Xtapa is not due for a moon, I can get up there and down myself.” Sachem said lifting her leg to step on the first thick branch of the tree.
Star held her breath as her mother climbed up the tree and sat in on of the joints of the tree. Sachem reached out and grabbed a fruit and ate greedily. “Just what I was craving, yellow fruit!” Sachem threw a couple of the juicy fruits to Star.
Star caught the fruit and felt relief wash over her as she watched her mother eat another fruit. Star sat down and ate her fruit glancing every few moment up at Sachem to make sure her mother did not climb up the tree any further. Star settle down and relaxed for a moment and let the warmth of the sun fill her beingness. She decided a quiet meditation would be nice in this spot. Star quieted her mind and found her place of peace.
Sachem sat in the tree for a while watching the inhabitants of the Sun Village care for their gardens, weave, fish and call back and forth to each other. She liked this village. There was very good synergy here. She liked her small cabin more than her round home in the Circle Village. She knew she would not stay here longer than she needed. She wanted to be out in the world.
Sachem was a Link finder. She could hear the personal tones that the elf or dryad emitted. It was their resonance. She was trained to listen to the tones and match the elf or dryad to their Link. Sachem and Raven were Links. Sachem heard Raven’s tone matching hers before she met him. The turns of the seasons she spent with him were like living in ecstasy every moment. Though she no longer had that feeling she wanted to give this gift to others. Sachem shifted her body and felt an incredible pain course through her abdomen and then she felt the gushing of water.
Star opened her eyes before her mother called to her. She stood up and jogged over to the tree. “Mother you must come down now.”
“I cannot. I cannot move. I am having very intense contractions,” Sachem exclaimed clutching her belly.
“You cannot have the cub in the tree.” Star told her mother, *Cheqtle, it is time. We are just north of you. Sachem is in the tree and cannot get down.*
“Mother, you must try to get out of the tree. I am coming up to help you.” Star started climbing the tree. She was grateful her Mother was not able to climb any higher. Star stood on a branch and was able to grasp her mother shoulders.
*I am in so much pain Star. I cannot move. You must catch her. I am going to push.* Sachem said through tears.
Star started to panic, how could she deliver her sister like this?
*Star, what do you need?* Cheqtle sent from the village.
Star looked up at her mother and sighed. *I need Iso. Tell him my mother is going to deliver in the tree. Tell him to bring what we need. You will need to help him.* Star sent.
Star took a breath and looked around her, her mother was safe and if Star stood right where she was she could catch the cub. Star nodded, to herself and moved her feet to make sure she wouldn’t slip. Then she looked at Sachem, “Alright Mother, I need you to sit up taller. I need to check you.”
Sachem moved into a better sitting position so Star could check to see how much longer until the cub would crown. To her surprise the cub was crowning. “Do not hold your breath. You must breathe and you must push. We do not have much time.” Star instructed calmly.
Cheqtle was now standing at the foot of the tree. *Star, what can I do for you and Sachem?*
*This will not take long. I will need clothes and water to clean the cub. I will hand her to you after I wrap her in a cloth. You will need to wash her. I will help my mother down after the delivery. Please lay a blanket down so Iso will be able to do what is needed. The cub is crowning.* Star sent instructions while allowing Sachem to hold her hands.
The delivery took an hour. Xtapa was handed to her father. Cheqtle gave Xtapa her first bath while she screamed for her mother.
Star helped her mother down out of the tree and went to hold her sister. Star peeped down at Xtapa and smiled at her. Xtapa stopped her wailing and looked at Star. The sisters Linked and Star smiled.  *Welcome to the world little one, may your journey here be full of light!*
A Soul Group's Journey 
Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment